A time to share stories, to talk, to discuss, to ask questions, to debate on life topics with food and hospitality. Todays meal will be a ro...
This months Lunch Together will be Irish Stew followed by tea, coffee, cake.
Come along and learn about Nigerian cooking, you will learn how to make a traditional Nigerian dish then stay and enjoy the food and convers...
Come along and grab a bargain!
To make a difference to the lives of the local residents and provide access to services to improve and enhance the quality of life for people living in the area and improve the environment in which they live.
· To promote and support a safe community.
· To increase opportunities for community members to develop skills and confidence.
· To reduce social exclusion and isolation of local residents and users.
· To reduce racial tension within the area.
· To increase community cohesion and intergenerational understanding.
· To enable residents to access services which improve their employment prospects.
· To enable local people to improve their health and wellbeing.
· To enable local residents to influence decisions affecting their area with particular reference to Healey Ward.
· To improve the environment and road safety for residents within the area.
· To improve access to a base where people of all ages can come together to meet existing friends and make new ones.
· To provide opportunities for local members of the community to experience the life of church.
We will achieve these aims through the following objectives:-
· To provide range a range of activities for children 0-5 and their carers.
· To provide a range of activities for children and young people from 5 to 11 years of age.
· To provide a range of activities for young people from the age of 11 to 25 years.
· To provide a range of activities for people from 25 to 50 + years.
· To provide a range of formal and informal opportunities to access training for the residents of the North Rochdale area and beyond.
· To work in partnership with statutory agencies to improve the environment.
· To work in partnership with statutory and other agencies to provide access to facilities which improve health and quality of life.
· To provide the opportunity for people living in the Healey Ward in the north area of Rochdale to be part of decision making.
· To provide the opportunity to identify and address issues which impact on crime and the fear of crime.
· To work in partnership with the Methodist Church respecting their values and beliefs.